Fonds P091 - Day Students' Association of Sir George Williams University fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Day Students' Association of Sir George Williams University fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

P091

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1954 - 1971 (Creation)
    Creator
    Sir George Williams University. Day Students' Association

Physical description area

Physical description

2 m of textual records
1 photograph

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1936-1979)

Administrative history

The Students' Undergraduate Society of Sir George Williams (SUS) was created in 1936. On January 25, 1966, the Association proposed a new constitution in which it changed its name to Students' Association of Sir George Williams University (SA). In April 1966, the University Board of Governors approved this constitution and a new executive was formed. In October 1971, the Students' Association was put under trusteeship by the University Board of Governors after a series of management difficulties. At the end of November 1971, the Board of Trustees organized a referendum to decide about the future of the association. The majority of students voted for a continuation of the Students’ Association. In March 1972, the Board of Trustees presented a new constitution which was ratified by referendum. On April 13, 1972, the Board of Governors approved the new constitution, but changed the name of the association for “Day Students’ Association of Sir George Williams University” (DSA). Loyola College and Sir George Williams University merge together in 1974 to form Concordia University. The Day Students’ Association continued operation until the creation of the Concordia University Student Association (CUSA), which took over the activities of all the day and evening student associations of Sir George and Loyola in 1979.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds provides information on Students' Association activities and relations with the educational structures of the University.

The fonds consists of correspondence, conference proceedings, minutes, Georgian Film Society files, and a visitors golden book.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The documents were donated to the Concordia University Records Management and Archives by the Concordia University Student Association (CUSA) in August 1980.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Box contents listing is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres