The first association of students at Loyola College was the Committee of Student Representatives, formed in 1943. It changed its name to the Student Administrative Council (SAC) in 1960. The Loyola of Montreal Students' Association (LMSA) seems to have been a new form of the SAC, dating from ca. 1967. In 1972, the LMSA changed its name to Loyola Students' Association (LSA).
Loyola College merged with Sir George Willliams University in 1974 to form Concordia University. The Loyola Students' Association continued operation until the creation of the Concordia University Students' Association, which took over the activities of all the day- and evening-student associations of Sir George and Loyola in 1979.