The fonds provides detailed information on major issues, such as globalization, the effects of new technology on the workplace and the transition to a knowledge economy, and their impact on education at the post-secondary level in Canada. It contains materials documenting the pressures faced by post-secondary institutions in Canada due to increasing enrollment and decreasing funding from the federal government.
The fonds consists of reports, studies, research materials, questionnaires and survey results stemming from the work of the Task Forces and resulting in the C-HEF’s publications
The fonds contains material related to C-HEF symposia on such topics as private sector investment in research & development and Canadian K-12 education reform. It also contains correspondence with members and associates of the C-HEF, related associations and Canadian federal government departments, as well as newsletters sent to members updating them on the C-HEF’s activities.
The fonds includes meeting notices, agendas, minutes and supporting documentation for monthly Board of Director meetings and annual general meetings. It contains press clippings documenting the coverage of C-HEF and its members’ activities and the response to the C-HEF’s publications. The fonds also contains photographic material from events such as annual general meetings and publication launches, and 117 slides from presentations, primarily given at the 1985 C-HEF Annual Meeting in Toronto.
- Partnership for Growth: Corporate-University Collaboration in Canada / Ensemble vers l’avenir: La collaboration entreprises-universités au Canada (1984) commissioned by the Forum and prepared by Judith Maxwell and Stephanie Currie of Currie, Coopers & Lybrand
- Addresses to the Forum / Allocutions au Forum (1984)
- Spending Smarter: Corporate-University Cooperation in Research and Development / Investir plus sagement: La collaboration entreprises-universités en Recherche et development (1985) by the Task Force on Research and Development.
- Making the Match: Canada’s University Graduates and Corporate Employers (1986) by the Task Force on Human Resource Management and the Status of Higher Education
- From Patrons to Partners / Du mécénat au partenariat (1987) by the Task Force on Funding Higher Education: Corporate Support for Universities
- Going Global: Meeting the Need for International Business Expertise in Canada (1988) by the Task Force on International Business Education and Partnership for International Development
- To Be Our Best: Learning for the Future (1990), and Learning Goals for K-12 Education / Objectifs d’apprentissage de la maternelle au secondaire: Nous accomplir (1992) by the Standing Committee on Education
- Directory to International Business Education in Canada (1991)