Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA) Alain Benedetti graduated from Loyola College in 1970. A member of the board of the Loyola Alumni Association since 1982, Benedetti served as President of the Association from 1986 to 1988. Benedetti represented the Loyola Alumni Association on the Board of Governors from 1990 to 1996 and served as representative of the community-at-large and Chair of the Board of Governors Audit Committee from 1996 to 2003. He was first elected Chair of the Board of Governors at its June 18, 2003 meeting and was re-elected at its June 17, 2004 meeting. Benedetti stepped down from his Chair role in 2005 and was then named Governor Emeritus and a lifetime member of the Corporation of Concordia University.
- Benedetti chaired the Advisory Search Committee that would elect Claude Lajeunesse President and Vice-Chancellor in 2004 and 2005.
- Benedetti won an IBM Thinkpad laptop at a Shuffle raffle in 2003 and donated the computer to student Maria Hunt through a raffle.
- On November 27, 1997 Benedetti’s volunteer work was honoured at the Awards of Distinction of the Faculty of Commerce and Administration ceremony.
- January 19, 1995 Benedetti received the Distinguished Service Award at the Concordia University Alumni Awards dinner.
- While president of the Loyola Alumni Association, Benedetti inaugurated the Loyola Educational Grant I 1987 to provide funds to deserving Concordia students.
- Benedetti chaired the 1996-1997 Annual Giving campaign.